Friday, October 21, 2011

COES Student Wins Honorable Mention in Essay Contest

One of Chandler Oaks very own students, Saher in third grade, was recently awarded an honorable mention in the Be the Change Writing Contest. She received her award at the state capitol.  We are so proud of Saher! Read an excerpt of  her essay below.


"When I think of Gandhiji's phrase, Be The Change, I feel that I should be the change instead of waiting for others to change. Gandhiji treated everyone equally and with love and respect. He never chose violence and always taught everyone to care for each other. Gandhiji taught everyone to be independent and empower themselves. Gandhiji never gave up on his dreams and had a lot of courage....
                I would give a book to every kid in the world so that we can all learn how to read. I  would teach others to be kind, friendly and to love one another. I would provide water, food and houses for people who have lost everything. I would teach people not to fight because of differences but to talk about it and stop the conflict without hurting each other. I would teach people that no matter what you have, you should always share with others."

No comments:

Post a Comment